Wednesday, October 20, 2010

SPORTS RELEASE: 6TH CYC PEACE CUP, FINALS

Chandigarh: The final of the ongoing 6th CYC Peace Cup was played between Panjab University I and Zaliangrong Students Club Chandigarh ( Manipur) here today at the Football Stadium Sector 17 Chandigarh.

PU-I took the initial lead in the game and scored a goal in the first ten minutes of the game.
ZSC tried to comeback and scored one goal. PU-I strengthened their stronghold by scoring three more goals by the end of the first half, score stood as 4-1 in their favor.

As the second half began, PU-I were against in the aggressive mode . They scored three more goals and won the final by a comfortable margin of 7-1.

This is the third consecutive time PU has won the CYC Peace CUP, playing every time against the same time, ZSC.
Mayor Anu Chatrath gave away the trophy to the winning team and distributed certificates among the players.
Shubham Gupta of St. Stephen’s football club was given the golden boot award for scoring the maximum number of goal in the tournament.

1 comment:

  1. It's nice meeting with you visionaries, Have received your wonderful feedback and Email dear. you can join me on: facebook.com/chandansurinj or company page: facebook.com/futuretree


    chandan suri

    ReplyDelete